1. There are a total of 38,256 records this release, up from 38,251 in the previously released version. This version incorporates all of the applicable LOINC changes in version 2.67 as published by Regenstrief in January 2020.
2. 37,356 records have been translated to French, up from 37,352 in the last version. Terms that are marked ‘Review Draft’ should be reviewed before they are used as the translation has not been previously published. Terms that are marked as ‘Complete’ have been previously published.
3. 61 records were modified in English for this release and are marked as R05.11.00_2.67
a. 13 records are of the change type Major for English changes.
b. 17 records are of the change type Minor for English changes..
c. 22 records are of the change type Name for English changes.
d. 2 corrections were made to Viewer Names.
e. 2 records have been changed to Inactive and marked as Deprecated.
4. 5 new records were added for the English version.
5. 157 records were modified in French for this release and are marked as R05.11.00_2.67
a. 14 records are of the change type Major for the French translation.
b. 87 records are of the change type Minor for the French translation.
c. 51 records are of the change type Name for the French translation.
e. 1 record has been changed to Inactive and marked as Deprecated.
6. 4 new records were added for the French version.
7. Both languages contain a number of codes that only have changes in the other language; those are identified as ‘No Change’.
Of specific interest in this release , current implementers may want to review these changes:
- First improved pCLOCD release automatically processed in SQL, with the exception of some manual processing for pan-Canadian attributes, respective translations and the Component French translation. This migration from Excel to SQL resolved the issue inaccurate display in pan-Canadian Name field in English and French.
- Enhancements from new SQL based processing of pCLOCD releases, include:
- high data quality and integrity, during the migration of data over 100 edits to LOINC terms were completed to corrected errors identified
- internal archiving of all previous versions of pCLOCD more readily accessible for traceability and analytics
- Updated Change History log, robust information is now available, changes are now identified with corresponding LOINC version number, as of this release (2.67) and onwards. Version number appears prior to the details of the change. In addition, details of change now includes the "From" and "To" changes the term underwent.
- 146 term edits were not identified as R05.11.00_2.67, these edits were based on the added tall man lettering to LOINC parts that were overlooked in the 2.66 release. The tall man lettering for drugs is based on recommendations from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices and ISMP Canada, please see the new list of LOINC Terms with Tall Man Lettering to identify the changes.
- Corrected scientific name for cantaloupe allergy terms
- Updated the Component Aquaporin 4 receptor to Aquaporin 4 water channel per current scientific nomenclature
- Reclassified terms into DOC.MISC and MOLPATH.PHARMG Classes