1. There are a total of 38,573 records this release, up from 38,518 in the previously released version. This version incorporates all of the applicable LOINC changes in version 2.71 as published by Regenstrief in August 2021.
2. 37,680 records have been translated to French, up from 37,623 in the last version. Terms that are marked ‘Review Draft’ should be reviewed before they are used as the translation has not been previously published. Terms that are marked as ‘Complete’ have been previously published.
3. 67 records were modified in English for this release and are marked as R05.15.00_2.71
a. 5 records are of the change type Name for English changes.
b. 4 corrections were made to Viewer Names.
4. 54 new records were added for the English version.
5. 67 records were modified in French for this release and are marked as R05.15.00_2.71
a. 1 record is of the change type Major for the French translation.
b. 5 records are of the change type Name for the French translation.
c. 5 corrections were made to Viewer Names
6. 56 new records were added for the French version.
7. Both languages contain a number of codes that only have changes in the other language; those are identified as ‘No Change’.
Of specific interest in this release , current implementers may want to review these changes:
- LOINC terms related to SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 testing continues to be the primary focus during release cycles. Working closely with Canadian implementers and Regenstrief team we have ensured timely processing of LOINC content requests for SARS-CoV-2 laboratory tests.
- If your SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 LOINC term for testing is not listed and you need a code, please submit a Request for Change via Infoway’s Request Management System.
- Visit our frequently updated Standards Resource for COVID-19 page to find latest news and information related to all COVID-19 content updates for LOINC, pCLOCD and SNOMED International and Canadian editions. Be sure to check the newly added COVID 19 Public Health Terminology Dashboard providing access to all of the Health Terminology content developed by Infoway supporting the COVID-19 and related concepts.
New Content highlights:
New LOINC codes are added in pCLOCD solely on stakeholder requests. Infoway only adds the LOINC content identified by jurisdictions as being used/required, in this way we support pCLOCD being representative of usage and requirements in Canada. However, a list of all newly published LOINC 2.71 codes is available for download. If your jurisdiction requires existing LOINC codes added to pCLOCD, please submit your request via InfoRMS.
New LOINC codes added to pCLOCD in this release includes:
- 18 new microbiology terms
- 16 new terms in allergy class
- 7 new terms in chem class
- Other new terms in coagulation, challenge, hematology, and drug/toxicology
Term edits highlights:
- 5 LOINC terms that included "Phenotyping" in the Component name were changed to "Phenotype" for naming consistency across LOINC
- Corrected several minor typos in Viewer names
Questions and feedback welcome, email us: email@example.com